SRod321
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Comp

Garage List
2017 M3  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
It is a bit comical to see a lot of the same people who said last year's race should have ended under a SC now saying a race shouldn't end under a SC. Max and RB, of course, wanted to finish under green light conditions as he wants to win that way (unlike MB who would love to win without having to actually win). Max represents the steel strengthens steel mentality...
Also, now that the rules state "all" not "any" laps cars must unlap themselves there should be no issues on that.
My thought is that it shouldn't have ended in a safety car, but they also shouldn't have let any of the lapped cars through. It's either let them all through or none of them through not just the ones between 1st and 2nd. Isn't that what the rule book stated? The same way hamilton had to navigate them, verstappen should've had to navigate them. He had fresh softs so would he have still won? I think it was highly possible he would have but there wouldn't have been the controversy that there is now. Everyone would've legit recognized Max as a great driver for fighting through to pull it out(I'm not a fan of his but I recognize how good he is, it's not JUST the car but that's me). You wouldn't have had all the bickering that STILL exists today lol. Masi's decision looks like hamilton was purposely set up to lose, hence the controversy.
I also blame wolff for not pitting Ham for fresh tires. I get it, he didn't wanna lose position but where's the faith in Hamilton's ability to get it back? The merc was running really good and we all know Hamilton is a great driver(At least I THINK we all know), add fresh softs that he could've absolutely romped on? I think it would've definitely made an exciting end. Anyway, enough Monday morning quarterbacking lol.
Appreciate 2
minn1914078.00