09-09-2022, 10:03 PM   #5353
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedBuggy View Post
Well, just finished painting three entry doors on the house, talk about dragging ass. Took better part of six hours including prep work, painting the doors and trim. Had to clean up twice, Front Door is different color than the deck door and garage entrance door.

Still need to do the overhead garage door, but a little more involved in painting that. Typically use Sherwin Williams paints and the overhead door is oil base and our local S/W stores can't get oil base paint. So now it's a primer coat and acrylic latex. Builder originally used oil base on all the doors except the front door. Not sure why, but anyway had the other doors replaced so started new with latex.

So will wait a couple of weeks to tackle that, back and knees need to catch up a bit before putting them through any more abuse.

Getting to old for this, used to be able to get all of it painted in less than a day. Who knows, maybe next time hire it done.
Recently things like this have been getting to me too. For a long time, even though I'm in my late 60s, I never really felt any pain from a little labor. Starting to now, guess it's beginning to catch up with me. Will have to start pacing myself as well.