View Single Post
      09-05-2022, 06:44 PM   #11032
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
May you never wind up being subpoenaed to be interviewed by the DA, testify before a Grand Jury, and again in the subsequent criminal trial!

The Synology probably can't handle more than 2-3 cameras because of disk/network throughput from my own experience. The one thing that Amcrest's stuff has going for it is that it uses superior H.265 compression when saving to an Amcrest NVR, whereas it falls back to the more-bloated H.264 when talking to other company's devices. It can store way more parallel channels of video in less disk space and using less total bandwidth. Even though the UI sucks the chrome off of a trailer hitch ball and doesn't integrate into HomeKit, the Amcrest NVR does a great job at capturing video for when the police come knocking.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Amcrest 4k PoE cam. I already have one tied into Synology's Surveillance Station. The camera and the software work great together. My Synology NAS came with two licenses for Surveillance Station, so this will be the second. I may spring for more licenses in the future as this cam and that software beat the snot out of HomeKit Secure Video (HKSV) or Amcrest's own NVR software.