View Single Post
      06-05-2022, 12:21 PM   #35
wandmts97
Rep
Drives: BMX x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeharri View Post
Your noise doesn't sound quite the same as mine. My noise seems a bit lower in tone--"thunking" is how I'd describe it, not so much a rattling noise.

This morning I had my wife drive for a few blocks down our street while I sat in the passenger seat. The noise then sounded like it was coming from the back left (instead of the front right)!

So, I decided to take out the spare tire, jack, all of the accessories, and the cargo cover from the "trunk" in a hope that this would be the cause--surprise, it wasn't the issue.

I still think the washer reservoir is the problem and that it just isn't secured very well. Perhaps the whole tank should be wrapped in felt or something. I really think if they took the reservoir out completely and tried to duplicate the noise that it'd prove that's the issue...

I'm contemplating dropping my vehicle off Tuesday evening and telling them to keep it overnight and until they figure out what's wrong. It's so miserable to drive a brand new vehicle with this noise every single day. I know it's a first world problem, but BMW should hold itself to a higher standard than this.
Best of luck getting your thunking resolved. My rattling was finally resolved and was indeed the washer fluid reservoir. It took two tries from the dealer with different approaches to get it taken care of though. I know how frustrating it can be so keeping my fingers crossed for you. Keep at it and hopefully it will get taken care of soon.
Appreciate 0