View Single Post
      08-11-2021, 12:27 PM   #36
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
About a year ago I was helping a family member cut down a tree in front of their house. I had a backhoe and had the hoe portion of the machine up against the tree putting pressure on it to help direct it the way we wanted it to fall. As he was cutting the tree I see him start moving back and forth, then drop the saw on the ground and start running. Apparently there was an underground nest at the base of the tree. I struggled with the seatbelt inside the machine for about 30 seconds before I was able to get out and run for it. They swarmed around the tree until dark. He was stung about 10 times, somehow I avoided it completely.
At 14 I almost died by the same situation. Underground nest, ran over it with a lawn mower, 14 stings, no clue I was allergic. One of those "the next thing I knew was the last thing I remembered" situations. Woke up roughly 8 hours later looking like the Michelin man - completely swollen, blotchy, difficulty breathing, etc. The neighbors son took me to the ER; I don't remember any of it.
Appreciate 2