Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmugmotleocay View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Going to go out on a limb and say that with $23k in damage, you had some repairs that exceeded simply bolting on replacement parts. Yes?
Yes. It needed a new roof, liftgate, back glass, headliner and much more.
Damn dude. Sorry to see that. You for sure had a reasonable DV claim and I can see why you were successful. I think it's telling that you had $23k in damage and were only awarded $4.5k in DV. The OP has $1600 in damage. I can't see him being successful.

I see a lot of folks who clearly have never filed one jumping straight to "you need to file a DV claim" over minor scuffs and dings. I'm trying to dispel the myth that because there's damage you can automatically be awarded a DV claim if you simply ask. It's not that easy or simple. So far, of the 5 or 6 people here who all jumped on the DV claim bandwagon, I haven't seen a single one come forward and say they were actually successful in doing so.
The Insurance company DV appraiser said the car was brought back to the original pre accident condition. The repairs were done at a BMW Certified Collision Center. Everything was was repaired to BMW standards. The car did look just like new but I didn't want it and ordered a 21 X3MC. They basically covered the difference in the loss in value at trade in because of the hit on Carfax.
Appreciate 1
DETRoadster11483.00