Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
The Mighty Dodge's AC is broken, and there's no way that I'm driving it south again until that is fixed.

The BMW i3 only has a 70-mile range between charges, and there's not enough hours in the weekend for 20+ charging stops. Bought it purely as a commuter car.

The Audi is pickled for long-term storage in my enclosed race car hauler. The cost of renting a car for the trip is less to me than the hassle of pulling it out and re-pickling it when I get home.

My DW's Kia Niro EV has ~260 miles of range and would probably do fine for this trip...except that it's still in COVID quarantine after being exposed to an infected friend last week.

Surely a first-world problem that I won't drive a truck without a working AC unit, when the pioneers traveled west for longer trips than I'm making with horse-drawn wagons and no AC or even a breeze from an open window.....
I've actually been in a similar situation. Our ICE SUV was out of commission, I cannot bring the i3 simply because of range but also luggage space. I won't take my M3 CS because it is a track car with obnoxiously loud track focused brake pads and sticky tires. My Civic was currently on loan to someone else. We ended up renting a Suburban.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615640.00