View Single Post
      03-15-2021, 07:34 AM   #1
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

At what age did you get your sh*t together?

A little blunt for a title, but I think it delivers the question. I'm still young, but consider myself to be doing pretty well in a professional sense. With that said I still have some childish tendencies that I am working to alleviate. For instance, sometimes I convince myself that a problem will just disappear if I don't look at or pay attention to it - makes literally no sense, but again I feel like I am often doing this. Feels so much better to just handle the problem up front.

I am currently working on getting my youngest brother a job (which I have been successful at, he starts in a week or two). He is only 20, and had decided not to pursue an education - the opposite of myself. I have always been a supporter of my brothers finding their own path, hence I posed no opposition to this. With that said, he has now been living downtown for a year and a half. His friends are in school or pursuing a trade, and he is/was still waiting tables (nothing wrong with that, but you could tell it wasn't something he was passionate in). A couple months ago, he broke down and told me he was struggling to figure out what he pursue. So now I have stepped in and intend to get him exposed to how a business runs. I just want him to see different career options to see if anything sparks his interest.

I am still of the opinion that he doesnt need to rush into things, like I said he is 20. Because his brothers are making strides, he has put this burden on himself that he needs to beat us (All of my brothers, including myself, are quite competitive). I'm happy that he is thinking of the future, but I don't like that he is stressing himself out in doing so. Everyone finds their own path eventually.

So to the point of this thread, at what age did you get your sh*t together?
Appreciate 0