View Single Post
      02-22-2021, 09:07 AM   #1382
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Yes, they do to the best of my knowledge consider themselves Christian. An alarming number of them also rely solely on their priest to interpret the scriptures for them and don't bother reading the Bible themselves.

But, there is that other population that does read the Bible for themselves to figure out what is true, and they realize that salvation is not based on works, and trust solely in Jesus, not the Pope or their priest, and these people are Christians. And Catholics.

I know in the past, the Catholic church used to sell indulgences, my guess is that they don't do that anymore, but I have no idea. I suspect they still exist, but just not commercialized anymore. Still, that notion that an indulgence is required before your sin can be forgiven is not Scriptural.
Your point about reading the bible I suspect isn't just true of Catholics, I'd be willing to bet that many folks who call themselves christian accept the word from who ever ministers to them. I call myself a christian although I don't attend church or read the bible, but I live my life according to my christian upbringing.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34192.50