12-11-2020, 06:52 PM   #6
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosaud1998 View Post
Oh yeah, Illinois sucks. My parents are planning on moving out of Illinois because taxes are high as fu*ck here. My dad paid $14k property tax I think past year. Sales tax is 7.25%. Taxes on plastic bags and stuff. This year our property tax might rise because we got a patio built and fencing installed. Majority of the tax money goes to high school. No one in the family goes to the high school anymore (youngest is 17) and it's not like the kids graduating from that highschool become rocket scientists or surgeons.

I was on Zillow browsing houses in El Paso, Houston, and property taxes there aren't that bad compared to here and the houses are cheaper compared to out here. My plan is to either get an internship in Texas and live on rent for a while or graduate and find a job there and live on rent.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...70531030_zpid/

A house like this here would easily be around $500k+.
A house like that in Austin would be easily $750K plus. El Paso is well... research it. I have a 3600 sq ft Taylor Morrison home that's 4 bedroom 3 1/2 bathroom, assessed at $632K and my property taxes were $17K.
Appreciate 0