View Single Post
      10-06-2020, 09:52 PM   #13
iminhell1
C2H5OH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 SG 135i auto

Bought it.

My garage floor is all busted up, so I'm sure the box will teeter-totter. But I can remove wheels should I need to.
I made the associate at HD take the cables off a few tools so I could check how well they fit. I have Ridgid brand stuff (bought on a BF deal). It fits very nicely from the impacts and drill I tried.

The backing where the holder is is pegboard. I didn't catch that in the pictures. This could be really handy for hanging spare cutoff wheels, my little drill bit container and a few other odds and ends.
I also didn't catch that where the batter charger is in the picture is a little raised platform. You can't get under it, dead space. But that platform is just 4 little rivets. Should be easy enough to drill them out should I want to.

I also think I'll try to put some rivnuts in the top for things like a little holding vise or a 3rd hand for soldering. The top isn't thick enough for a heavy vise for beating things.

Once I get it unpacked and loaded with tools I'll know if it's right for me or not.

And I was totally ready to buy a HF box. Was at the store and had tag in hand. But it hinged on them approving me for their credit card. The 10% on top of the discount coupon, yes please.
They denied me. Say they'll get back to me with why, by mail I'm assuming.

Home Depot approved me for $6k on the spot. Only $50 off but it's still something.

760 credit and very very low debt/income ratio.

Last edited by iminhell1; 10-06-2020 at 09:57 PM..
Appreciate 0