07-22-2020, 11:38 AM   #267
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastieBombRacing View Post
I don't think there's any doubt he's in the top tier of drivers. He just was lucky enough to be at Merc when the regs changed and somehow they were (And still are) the only team who put out an amazing car. RB's chassis is great, Ferrari had a year where they cheated and got close to the Merc's performance, but Mercedes' utter domination of the turbo hybrid era will definitely go down in history. Lewis got lucky twice: Once just being in the right seat at the right time, and then with Rosberg's sudden retirement, there wasn't a tier 1 driver available to fill the seat.

Are we going to pretend that Vettel, Alonso, or heck even Verstappen or Ricciardo wouldn't have won 5 WDCs at Mercedes?
Mate I have to say "Yes & No"

"No" Because : As you know Red Bull is struggling seriously with the RB16's chassis and balance .
By the crash from MAX they had to replace the nose, front wing and parts of the right front wheel suspension . And suddenly the car felt better , but they don't know why ...
I said the day before the race that the RB16's behaviour was unpredictable and dangerous to get a crash . And it was a crash even before the race began.
Probably RB changed too much at once regarding the chassis and aerodynamics . Let us hope they can figure it out @Silverstone .
Of course the HONDA's PU comes still too short in power vs the Mercs PU .

A strong battle from MAX vs Lewis would be the ultimate race !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
243Racing1447.50
M5Rick61840.00