Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 6MT / 2019 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
That being said other than this penny stock gambling I do for fun I pretty much just stick to mutual and index funds. I don't really like having any significant $$ in individual stocks. However Tesla scares the shit out of me because IMO they should change it from TSLA to ELON because it's pretty much driven by the cult of Elon. I think the product is great, I think the guy is a genius (also crazy), but I get the sense there's no rhyme or reason for TSLA to be at the price it is. I personally would put it in the same risk category as these penny stocks.
It will be interesting to see how TSLA fares. Overall, it will go up but there may be a serious correction eventually. At least with selected "penny" stocks, they are responding to something concrete, either a rumor, a deal, earnings report, etc. With TSLA, it is a response to a cult and an idea that TSLA will rule the world one day...which may happen along with AMZN!
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerDimmer6 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
Someone help me understand the absolutely ridiculous nonstop uptrend in TSLA.... this was a 350 dollar stock like 2-3 months ago...

Can't even imagine being a short in Tesla. I wonder if it's all purely based on them going to be listed in the S&P500
Robinhood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerDimmer6 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
Someone help me understand the absolutely ridiculous nonstop uptrend in TSLA.... this was a 350 dollar stock like 2-3 months ago...

Can't even imagine being a short in Tesla. I wonder if it's all purely based on them going to be listed in the S&P500
Robinhood.
Which is why I jumped in on Dogecoin - but out now :
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
TSLA is ridiculously overvalued based on fundamentals and even based on the next 5 years' fundamentals. The problem is, the valuation is not based on fundamentals. It is based on the cult. How do you value a cult? And when does that valuation end? At some point, if the cult starts getting nervous, the bubble will burst spectacularly. If more people joint the cult, $2000/share is not far away.
My friend convinced me to get into TSLA in the 700s. He's definitely drunk the kool aid. This was right before all the covid stuff I believe. Anyways dropped for a while then was stagnant for a couple months. When it jumped into the 900s we dumped it. Kicking myself now!

That being said other than this penny stock gambling I do for fun I pretty much just stick to mutual and index funds. I don't really like having any significant $$ in individual stocks. However Tesla scares the shit out of me because IMO they should change it from TSLA to ELON because it's pretty much driven by the cult of Elon. I think the product is great, I think the guy is a genius (also crazy), but I get the sense there's no rhyme or reason for TSLA to be at the price it is. I personally would put it in the same risk category as these penny stocks.
You guys do realize this is the future of the market, right? Is not a car company people are buying, it's something much bigger.

I wouldn't rule out buying in now tbh.
Appreciate 1
E92inNC1714.50