Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcr3d View Post
Ya, that’s a workhorse.
Haven’t you read? They already said they are moving macs to ARM.
Doing the same thing and using the same method, Rosetta 2 translator.
I have been living with my head in the sand lately.

Side story - My first work project fresh out of college was writing an 8-bit 8080 CPU emulator that ran on a 16-bit 8086 processor, to run CP/M-80 applications. The 8086 had 4 times the processing speed of the 8080, and even with the emulator overhead the apps ran faster emulated than they did native. Apps have come a long way since then, and I have my doubts on the performance increase between the Intel processors and ARM. Long story short, my vote would be for a Rosetta-type translator for running iOS apps on the Mac, since I don't see it as something that I need when I can just pick up an iPhone to run those apps.

Out of curiosity, did they finally break down and promise a touchscreen interface on the Mac?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineWhite_SJ View Post
Just got a MPB 16” and due to Catalina, I can’t use older versions of Adobe products I have perpetual licenses for which is disappointing. Installers aren’t current and due to the new subscription model, there never will be an option.
I'm going through the same grief with my new 16" MBP. I have an eclectic collection of 32-bit device drivers and specialty software that is no longer available and was never compiled for 64-bit, and need to scrounge around the Internet looking for new software to do those same tasks.

It looks like Apple is herding Mac users over a cliff towards the post-PC and post-Mac era.....