View Single Post
      06-28-2020, 08:41 PM   #11
E92inNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smgs1992 View Post
That sounds like a fair reason to upgrade. If you want it and it makes sense financially go for it
Let us know how you like it. However im probably gonna upgrade to an iMac
Will do

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
The new MacOS (Big Sur) won't run on anything older than 2013. That screws me since my MacBook Pro, iMac, and Mac Mini are all late 2012 models. I've been looking around for newer machines, but the ones with the big discounts now are the 2019 models with the flaky keyboards. It's a shame the new OS won't run on my machines because they're all still running strong. I figure I still have a year and a half to two years with Catalina anyway, so no big deal.

To the OP, if you're not a power user, go for it now. Sounds like you won't need the power of the new chip anyway. Just avoid the deals on the 2019 models.
Yeah, I've put it off cuz of the numerous complaints about the keyboards and I think they were using the 7th or 8th gen intel core. Glad they remedied these with the refresh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcr3d View Post
You have a 2012 pro, with 2-3 tabs open and it lags?
You have something else going on.
A fresh install will do wonders, if you decide to keep.
Also if you decide to sell it send me a pm. I need the larger screen.
Went on their site and looks like i can trade it in for a bit of credit so I'm wiping it and sending it in. Problem is the stores are closed and estimated delivery is mid July if I order now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
My girlfriend uses my old macbook pro from like 2011 or 2012 and that thing still works perfectly fine, except for the battery life has taken a shit, could get that replaced but she uses it plugged in 99% of the time anyways. So doesn't make any sense yours would be slowing down unless there is something wrong with it.

Also doesn't the macbook air start at $999?
Yep, I can configure it to an i5 for $1099. Hopefully it'll last me another 10 years and I'd be thrilled.
Appreciate 0