View Single Post
      05-09-2020, 04:31 AM   #87
B58_Touring
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

Garage List
I've just had the M Performance wheel I bought before Christmas re-trimmed by Royal Steering Wheels and installed it yesterday afternoon.

I love the shape and profile of the V2 wheel with the flat bottom. I held off buying one new because I felt the blue top marker, tri colour stitching and Alcantara sections would just look odd with my interior so I waited for a second hand one to come up for the right price and sent it off to Royal steering wheels for a re-trim

For some the re-trim may be a little subtle. Admittedly it looks very similar to the original and only an enthusiast might notice the difference, but I wanted it to look like the car could have came like that from the factory. OEM+ is the look I want, and a few subtle touches here and there can really lift the interior.

I also picked up a set of extended aluminium paddle shifters to finish it off, I love the ones fitted to the Giulia Quadrofoglio so wanted to go for something similar in mine.

The order from Royal steering wheels:

- Full re-trim in smooth nappa leather
- Original pattern
- Original thickness
- Black Alcantara top marker (A subtle hint of the original materials)
- Mid grey stitching - This is to match the contrast stitching in my seats

Very Happy with the end result, it sits perfectly in the cockpit and doesn't look like an aftermarket addition

Lots of pictures of the swap
Attached Images

Last edited by B58_Touring; 05-09-2020 at 06:41 AM..
Appreciate 4
RhysoTDI180.50
moppity106.50
Cpark1450.00