View Single Post
      03-19-2019, 02:18 PM   #20
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
I would love to see Tool. though I heard that their last concert Maynard was singing through a bull horn and it really took away from the music. I really liked 10,000 days.
I can't pretend to hide my excitement. Their music, artwork, easter eggs, etc. are like a never ending rabbit hole. I feel like only their true fans give them the credit they deserve. Their ability to make their work absolute perfection is amazing in itself. Maynard is well know for his on-stage antics. One of the last interviews I saw him in, he noted that he hangs out toward the back of the stage as the band belongs to Adam, Danny and Justin he simply lends his voice to their work. During the A Perfect Circle shows, he hides in the shadows and wears a wig. During the Puscifer shows he is either hidden by a mask or costume of some form last tour it was a suit and luchador mask. From what I understand he still has a stage fright type affliction and this is how he deals with it. He doesn't really consider himself a rock star but some average Joe that is lucky enough to beable to contribute to the work of actual rock stars.

I still can't listen to Wings for Marie or 10,000 Days without it bringing a tear to my eye. The feeling that he manages to capture in those songs can only be appreciated by someone who has lost their way watching their parent suffer and then die. A Perfect Circles Judith (his mothers name) is difficult to listen to if you know the meaning behind the lyrics. I guess this is why I enjoy Tool as much as do. They aren't simply a band that plays music because it sounds good, there is a meaning behind what you are hearing. The name itself was given due to Maynard using the band as a means of dealing with his emotions of what he has gone through in life as a Tool to progress from what he once was.

For those that know little of them, do a little digging and research them. You'll probably end up being a fan.

Case in point:
Appreciate 0