View Single Post
      03-19-2019, 01:34 PM   #16
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
I saw TOOL play in 1993 at Lalapalooza in Orlando, FL. They were very good. I cannot fathom that a TOOL ticket would cost that much - are you serious? If I had to guess, I would have gone with 30-40 bucks.

I can discuss concerts all day - I think I attempted to count how many bands I've seen live one time and it was well into the hundreds.
Their fan base has become a bit of an occult type following. It has gotten really crazy in the past few years. Their music has evolved into this whole inward journey of discovering self that has really seemed to resonate with many. It makes sense though. Opiate and Undertow were both great albums, but then follow those up with Lateralus and 10,000 days; then don't release an album for 13 years....it's kinda like a pressure cooker with their fan base. The legal issues they've ran into along with each of the members having separate (very successful) careers away from the band has made it almost impossible for them to get together and make this album, much less tour although they have done random shows here and there.

Each one of them is successful in their own way apart from the band. Maynard is always busy with Puscifer, A Perfect Circle, Jui-Jitsu and his vintner-ing. Adam has done make-up and created props used in a ton of movies such as Jurassic Park, Ghost Busters II, Predator II, Terminator 2, Dances with Wolves and a couple of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies. Danny.....well....Danny just happens to be the best damn drummer on the planet. Justin their bass player holds 2 Grammy's and was nominated 5 different times for his work with Tool. All in all, each one of the members are incredibly talented in many areas and simply create this entity of progressive psychedelic harmonious fusion of tribal beats and deep lyrics that strike a chord with metalists, druggies, spiritualists and anyone who has ever dealt with hardships in their life.....so pretty much everyone.
Appreciate 0