United_States
Rep
Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Lups this is classic!

My addition is this:

As a young kid I wanted to be a motocross rider. As such I got my bike and jumped everything I could find by building mounds and ramps in the back yard. The ramp of discussion today was build up from a 2x6 but I still wasn't getting the kind of air I wanted and continued to increase the angle. I finally increased it enough using the cinder blocks on hand but ended up with about 18 inches of overhang.

In order to get the best possible run I placed it at the end of our 40 yard driveway and head to the very end to begin my first run. I take off build my speed up and hit the ramp. For the first millisecond I'm on a high as I think the perfect jump is about to take place. The next thing I remember is waking up on the ground about 10-15 yards from the jump point.

From my brother: After you took off, the ramp flipped over because of the angle and hit you in the back of the head knocking you out, mid-air. You landed out of control, veered to the left and hit the gum tree and finally ground to a halt.

I had a massive hematoma on my forehead and one on the back of my head as well as massive bruises, scrapes, and a couple of light lacerations.

It was at this moment I discovered my true love of cars.

Appreciate 1
MKSixer34102.00