08-02-2017, 07:00 PM   #87
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKapeesh View Post
I feel like I made this post several years ago. Is this a passive aggressive attempt at asking another question?

Are you in the Miami Bimmers group? We may know each other. Although now I'm on the dark side with a honda...
No I don't think so. I use to be on the Z4M group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius View Post
I recently turned down a job in Detroit that would bring me back home working as an engineer directly for Ford. Huge pay increase, back home, benefits..., but one thing I knew I wouldn't get was as much freedom as I do now. Done working by 3pm, I'm taking the next to days as half days to drop car off at mechanic and go see my family. I don't even have to let anyone know and can pretty much work from home if I don't feel like going in.

Time and flexibility is worth it's weight in gold over pay bumps. Plus, might be able to use turning down better offers as leverage during review time. Who knows.
Yup this happened to me also. My second to last job, never got a raise in like 6 years, but the job was super easy, everyone was super laid back, was able to get one day a week to work from home and also had the time to work on my ecommece business on the side.
Appreciate 0