02-24-2017, 12:08 PM   #1228
Banana Hammock
Beefcake
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB925 View Post
what's your budget?

springfield is a very good place to start.

If it's in the budget i think the springfield TRP is very good value for the money, the dan wesson valor is right there too.

if you are looking to go more 'basic' i would go springfield or colt. Any of the custom shops will work on them, not so with all makers. I have a bunch of 1911s, i am sad to say that my colt xse is the 'loosest' one in my collection.
Thank you! My budget is around 800-1k but I'm willing to spend a little more if necessary. It looks like the Springfield is right in that sweet spot. Gonna see if the LA Gun Club has it for rental. I wanna try it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
1911 is a terrific weapon. You do get what you pay for. They suck to clean. They like to be wet. Very accurate and great stopping power. Colt and Springfield are good base models. Kimber is good bang for buck. Then higher end ones are reaaly good but they tend to be very tight tolerances and need breaking in. Hope this helps.
Thank you! That was very helpful!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Best bet is to find a gun club. Also check with your local ranges to see if they do some type of action shooting classes during the week. A range right around the corner from my office does one of those every Tuesday night. They have 3 shooting bays and close one of them off for this class. $20 for an hour of action shooting... moving, reloading, targets in specific order with specific round count per target. Good fun.

Here is a pic of the NHC.

Sweet Jesus that's beautiful.
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6060.00