07-20-2016, 10:26 PM   #35
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
I've watched the video several times. Lots of assumptions in this thread. No one knows what the driver's attention was focused on that caused him to miss the stop sign. No one knows where the kid was when the car stopped.

Being that the kid smashed the windshield from the passenger side of the car and the car was nearly halfway though the crosswalk when it stopped, my guess is that the kid was in the street coming towards the car. That too may have been what the driver was focused on causing him to miss the stop sign, maybe that's why he honked. Who knows? ....no one here.

The only thing anyone can be sure about is that the driver broke a traffic law and the kid committed a felony by willfully defacing someone else's property.

I'm by no means saying his reaction was warranted, but as the driver of a vehicle, you obey basic laws for the protection of others. Whether the kid was just starting to cross or not (as we don't know like you stated), it's the operator of the vehicle to abide by signs on the road. We are taught this in the very beginning of driver safety courses.

Again, the kid shouldn't have smashed the window. The driver shouldn't have been a prick. There is no right answer in this case, and anyone who wants to fight about it has no right, due to the fact of it being two wrongs don't make a right. That's all I'm going to say.

Figure this. Driver stopped within stopping distance of the stop sign (per basic common sense), the whole thing would have been avoided. Both parties acted in the wrong. There's no right answer here due to the circumstances, and anyone who wants to argue that lacks common sense. Simple as that.
Appreciate 0