07-20-2016, 10:17 PM   #32
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
I don't have pity for the driver only insomuch as he instigated the incident with his own stupidity and then compounded that by honking. Let me reiterate - I want both parties charged to the fullest extent of the law. That kid should be liable for the full cost of damages plus any "pain and suffering" the driver endured due to his otherwise immaculate car being sullied. The driver should be liable for whatever traffic citation his actions warrant.

Both parties are stupid. The driver instigated the stupidity. Had that moron teenager walked on and taken that moron McLaren driver's stop sign "roll through" and subsequent honking in stride, the teenager would've been the better man (and I wouldn't be referring to him as a moron right now).

Had the McLaren driver not honked, I would have sympathy for him. It's the honking that does it for me. He made a mistake by failing to stop at a stop sign and failing to yield to a pedestrian, but we're all human we make mistakes.

I'm entitled to feel as much or as little pity for either party as I please as long as my inherent biases (or similar biases held by those with judiciary power) aren't being used to inform legal punishment.
I understand what you're saying in your posts and agree that both parties should be punished for their crimes. But my point is that i don't give a fuck what the driver did. NOTHING warrants anyone taking "justice" into their own hands. He could have used a train horn while sneaking up on the skater, it still doesn't excuse the skaters actions. Much in the same way that someone can follow me walking down the street berating me and my significant other verbally. I have NO lawful right to lay a hand on that person no matter how much I think they deserve it.

This is personalty accountability and being in control of one's actions.

I fully understand that the kid may have been startled, may have felt disrespected, may just be a punk bitch. But the more we applaud street justice the more we'll see shit like Ferguson and Baltimore riots or cops being killed in retaliation. Some will say that's a stretch from vandalism, but it's not as much of a stretch as one might think. Humans recognize new limits and it's in our nature to test and stretch them. Once they are stretched, they are the new normal, until they get stretched again.

What the people involved "deserve" is what the law currently states. A citation for the driver and a week or so of jail time for the kid along with restitution to the driver in the amount of a new windshield and a full detail. Thats fair, in my opinion anyway. Probably a life changing lesson for the kid too.

Nothing against you, just using your post as a response point. Just tired of people doing what ever they hell they want and seeing other people publicly praising them for it.