05-19-2016, 12:37 PM   #7
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdude357
I did the half day BMW driving experience with BMWCCA at Thermal. I was talking to someone that did the 1 day M school there and she said it was pretty much the same events, just more of each event. We did get out on the South Palm track but in Lead/Follow only (in a new M3). Lead/Follow was hit or miss. If someone in your group can't keep up, then the pace remains pretty slow since they will only go as fast as the slowest person in your group.

It also included a autoX (340i), skid pad (m235i), drag race (M5/M6/X5M) and a few laps on a very small road course in an M4 (less than 1/2 mile). That was my first exposure to driving on the track. it was fun, but now that I've taken my own M3 on a couple of tracks I wouldn't do it again. I'd rather spend the $ on a regular HPDE event.

If you really want to get on that track, there's a coach that's posted here before that offers lessons at that track.
Drake Kemper used to offer it. Dunno if he still does. I understand he races BMW's and used to own an M3 as well.

Reminds me that I should give him a call. It ain't cheap probably at least $1,000 for his fee plus the visitor fee he has to pay on your behalf just to get you on track.

But it's an awesome track. Got to run it with GMG with only 5 cars that day. Pretty much heaven as I had unlimited open track and one of the beast tracks anywhere in SoCal.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0