12-09-2015, 03:41 PM   #88
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Forcing them? Yes we are. They just want to stay there and have safe zones to live in. They want to return to their homes after. They don't want to come here. But there's no other choice.

They aren't letting in Syrian or Iraqi Christianso. Those are banned. They have to be Muslim. That we do know.
All of that is false. They're referred to here by the UN and even then only 1% of refugees who apply are referred to the US.

About 70% of the refugees from Syria are women and children. And while 3% of all of them ended up being Christian, that doesn't mean they're "banned".

I will never understand why those who drink the partisan kool aid will blindly believe anything that someone with a specific letter behind their name says and will just think everything someone with the opposing letter behind their name says is some massive conspiracy to trick people.

Politicians lie regardless of party and people like you just that shit up.

If I had to guess, the kool aid you're drinking this time is from Ted Cruz. While he's right 3% of them are Christians, the conclusion he draws from that, and that you apparently believe is so mindbogglingly stupid.

The UN evaluates and provides the State Department a list of recommended people to potentially take in, they don't make decisions based on what religion you are, hell they probably have no idea what religion you are.

And the 3% figure shouldn't surprise anyone, Syria is largely Muslim. It's like randomly selecting 10 Americans and acting surprised when only 1 out of the 10 are Asian.

When you realize that Syrian Sunni Muslims are the ones specifically being targeted in this war, then it really is no surprise that most of them seeking refuge would be...Syrian Sunni.

This shit isn't rocket science nor does one need to have some "liberal news" source tell you this, it's simple common sense and math.
Appreciate 1