06-04-2015, 05:06 PM   #6
Cloud9blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the potholes

Quote:
Originally Posted by heckyeahbro69 View Post
I don't think the issue lies in the rear end completely. I think it gets on the nose too much under hard braking and that causes the instability. I'm going to play around with front damping at pbir next week and see if that makes any difference. Also, maybe limiting up travel in the rear would help keep weight off the nose during braking If I had to guess though, it might make it worse as the weight of the car is trying to pull up the rear wheels...so maybe thats not the answer. If dinans toe link kit helps keep the rear wheels from deflecting and allows them to keep their set toe angle, maybe that part of it. Someone buy it and find out. Anyone have the fall line kit?
I agree. Some sort of instability is inevitable at high G braking with a 50:50 weight distribution car. You pretty much end up with a 80F:20R weight distribution under heavy 0.7-0.8G braking. The rear end of our cars actually does very little in these scenario.

Any slight difference in the traction between the front left and right tires will cause a rotational force on the chassis.

And remember, the front control arm has rubber bushings on the subframe side, so it will deform a bit under those stress.

Of course, Dinan just want to sell your some parts that really isn't the solution to your problem. Personally, I would just deal with it and give corrective steering input in those scenario. If it really bothers you, you could try replacing the front bushing with monoball bearings instead.
Appreciate 0