View Single Post
      06-02-2015, 12:13 PM   #15
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
But then again, you have to log into GV every few months or else it'll cancel it... If it's either some poor schmuck that got your recycled number or it's a nonexistent number, they'll probably start spamming you again. That's why I make it a point to log into GV at least once a month, but for me, any company that has the potential to spam or harass... They get that number.

However, the DNC list is effective to a point; political campaigns and nonprofits are exempt... I don't know how I got onto the phone list of a shitty city I want to forget I even lived in, but once in a while I get a "come join us at blah blah park for a campaign..." but I know you're not a smartphone guy, but if and when you do decide to let temptation get to you, I have the WhitePages app that does a pretty good job of warning who is going to be harassing me, and it does the blocking for me, not VZ itself... Plus as the name implies, it'll help me figure out which unidentified number is calling.

Going back to the original topic, it depends... Some people are scared to death of the national DNC list, but there are some that just don't give a damn since they don't want to spend money on new leads. I responded to a job ad that wasn't exactly detailed, but turned out to not only be a telemarketing firm, but the shadiest one I've ever encountered. Even though I was starving at the time, my conscience could NOT continue interning another HOUR because of the sign below (NG = something backfired; remove from list)...

...Each and every single person being called was PISSED OFF that they are still getting harassed about home remodeling that they don't need; they repeatedly threatened throughout training that they would fire you if you did since "lead generation costs money", they sugarcoat their Yelp page, and for some reason, despite filing a complaint, the FTC hasn't raided this company yet; I passed by the building a month ago and they're still open and operating as that company. Before I left the trial/test period (they let you work for free until a talent scout determines that you're good enough to hire), I just went in and put every call I can on DNC (but only got to about 15 before I got kicked out ).
Attached Images

::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0