View Single Post
      08-31-2014, 10:35 AM   #8
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossyoaks View Post
I think you are in luck if you rent from Sixt in Italy! $100/day for a 3-series. But looks like you'll need to pick it up at one of their Tuscan offices. I thought you are planning on entering and departing from a German destination?

The Volvo wagon we rented was $400 total for 12 days! Unlimited mileage. I felt comfortable enough driving and knowing that we would be parking overnight on US military bases (secure) that I waived the insurance. That would have been about $50/day.

I was really bummed to not be able to drive that 3500km vacation in a new 3 series. I wish you the best of luck in getting behind the wheel of one! I'm sure it will be a great driving experience!

Hope you'll report back after you return. This is some very helpful info for anyone venturing into Europe who will be driving.

Buon viaggio!
We are renting out of Munich. So the website says, and I hope it's right, we can go to Italy. We are renting a 2 series and it's approximately $800 including all coverages at $0 deductible, navigation, two drivers and 350km per day at .29 EUR per km over. We may just go over per planned trip. I wanted to spend the extra money for the 2 series because it guarantees a decent engine. The 1 or 3 have some real small things in them. That said, if they try to give us the other car in the category, the Scirocco, depending on the engine I may request a 1 or 3, mostly because I am familiar with iDrive and being familiar with a navigation system is more than half the battle when you don't have a clue where you are.
Appreciate 0