View Single Post
      03-03-2014, 11:26 AM   #6
pete_d
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 335d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambbuster View Post
How much did you get in the end, i must say it looks beautiful!
A whisker under the asking price, basically exactly the number I had in mind when I advertised it for £16k ono. I'd rather not share the precise details of a private transaction on an open forum; hope that doesn't offend anyone.

It was interesting that I had a handful of enquiries from here and from Pistonheads, but the phone rang off the hook once the ad was live on Autotrader. I ended up taking a deposit on the first day it went on, and that chap came and bought it for cash without any quibbles yesterday. Either I advertised it too low (but I don't believe that - it was 25% more than WBAC were offering, and almost 50% more than the ludicrous trade-in price) or it just demonstrates how much they're still in demand.

Not too many chancers either. The worst was a chap from Sytner, who originally made an offer well under the asking price, then came back with an *even lower* offer once I'd said that wasn't going to fly. He clearly wasn't listening at negotiating school

Anyway, good luck to those still searching - the right cars are out there but you'll have to move quickly it seems!

Cheers,
Pete
Appreciate 0