View Single Post
      02-23-2014, 01:00 PM   #6
dcaron9999
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M package

Sorry for thread revival. The Rc5+ seem like an excellent track/street compromise sintered pad for my BMW 135i.

Im looking into these, and I think Essex Race Parts is the only reseller in the US...
http://www.essexparts.com/shop/brake...-pads-152.html

"The RC5+ is CL’s latest offering, and was developed with the autoX and track day crowd squarely in mind. It is a well-mannered race pad, with lower noise, low dust, and a lower coefficient of friction. The beauty of this compound is that despite its mild manners, it still retains a very high max operating temperature. It is a great choice for lighter cars on race tires, or heavy, high power cars on street tires. The failure mechanism of this pad is one of its greatest strengths. If you do happen to push it over its temperature threshold, bite slowly tapers away rather than falling off a cliff, so you’ll easily recognize when it’s time to back off. It’s extremely wear resistant, and doesn’t destroy rotors with pad deposits when pushed to their temperature envelope. The RC5+ is a great rear pad option for those who like a more front biased setup with the RC6 or RC6E compound up front."

Essex Part # 07 4156 17.0 RC5+
Manufacturer Part # 4156RC5+
FMSI #
Composition Sintered
Category Club Sport/Full Race
Max Operating Temp* 1800F
Dust Moderate
Noise Low to Moderate
Bite / Mu Moderate to High
Judder/Vibration Very Low
Pad wear Low
Rotor wear Low
2011 X3 35i with M pack + 2011 135i w/6SPMT | 255 square tire setup | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Diff lock down bracket | Bilstein B8+Swift SpecR springs+H&R FSB | CDV delete | BMS Oil Tstat bypass | ER FMIC & CP | N54Tuning DP | GC Street Camber Plates | M3 FCA +guide rods+RSFB's+Tranny mounts | Manzo toe arms | Cobb Stg2 agressive tune | Hawk DTC70 brake pads | RB SS brake pistons | Goodridge SS brake lines | Custom brake cooling ducts
Appreciate 0