07-11-2012, 03:53 AM   #19
chrisE92
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95 View Post
True. I was actually just wondering cause i'm waiting on my performance spoiler to arrive but I guess i'll just wait and see what fits best
I previously had a replica just like the OP, but there were noticeable gaps in mine when I tried installing it with 3M tape, so I went with the OEM spoiler instead. Here are the differences I noticed:

- the edge of the spoiler that meets the surface of the trunk is rounder on the replica, and flatter on the OEM.
- corners of the OEM spoiler are flatter, and therefore, leave no gap under any circumstance. with the replica, it's a gamble.
- you're right about the spoiler resting on the slant. for the replica, more of the spoiler was resting on that slanted surface. for the OEM, almost no part of the spoiler touches it.

these are all minor differences though, and are compensated by the large price difference.

OP, the updated photos look better. actually, the fit of the spoiler in those pictures surprises me! the price difference between OEM and replica is roughly double, so congrats on saving money! if my replica had fit as well as yours, I would've kept it.