BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

01-11-2011, 12:17 AM   #1
jvilla
Rep
Drives: 07 550i

Question iDrive out and looking for a recommendations for a tech in Houston, TX

Having serious problems with iDrive… it has shut off and wont come back up. I've researched a lot in various forums and its time to find the source of the issue.
You can see previous posting/issues at
http://e60.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8663141

I'm wanting to get a thorough diagnostic/testing done on my 2007 BMW 550i's electronics, in-particular the iDrive system. I prefer getting a referral for someone here in Houston, TX, so if anyone has any recommendations please let me know. Worst case, I'd go to dealership (if thats my only option) but I'm worried they will just overlook any real in-depth tests and give me an estimate to change out the whole system instead of really finding the culprit, if in fact its one of the components and not everything. I'm on a budget so I'm trying to find the best cost effective way to approach this.

Does anyone have any recommendations/referral to a BMW technician here in Houston Texas that I can pay to run some tests at a good price?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 10:42 PM   #2
jasperxli
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: space grey e60

5series.net is much more active when it comes to e60 so try over there. there are quite a few members who live in houston but only one comes to mind right now "tex_phil"
Appreciate 0