BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

02-15-2024, 01:25 PM   #1
Bastard23
Registered
Lithuania
Rep
Drives: BMW 525d

E60 IHKA problem... Again.

Ok, I know it looks repetetive, but hear me out.
2009 LCI model. According to user manual, if you set the climate control to lowest setting (17 Celsius in this case), then it should shut the heater control valve close, and blow cold air no matter what. Even in winter. But is this really true? Cause to me it seems that it tries to maintain those 17 degrees. Or better. In summer, +30 C outside, AC is on, center wents blow super cold, but to feet - burning hot. Yes, I have changed heater control valve. Twice. And yes, I have changed climate control module (used). Twice. When tangling with ista it seems that ihka still doesn't give signal to control valve to close it.
Could it be that 2 other aftermarket ihka modules would be with the same problem? Last year i changed condensation sensor. New, but not OEM. The fault is gone, but I've heard it could cause such a problem with heating, but I'm not sure. Has anyone experienced this?

Other thing:
After long research and diagnosing with ISTA / INPA I've concluded with one other thing. The car has working webasto and it has webasto circulating pump, which also acts as a auxiliary water pump - turns on on low rpm to help with heat circulation. But to me it restricts the flow . I mean, the car occasionaly starts blowing cold and then hot again. And now I know for sure, that it blows cold ONLY when this circulating / auxiliary pump is turned on. As soon it turns off, heat comes back, even on low rpm When tangling with NCSexpert I found one variable called "UMWAELZPUMPE - AUXILIARY WATER PUMP CONTROL OVER K-CAN-BUS" which by default is enabled and when I disable it then webasto pump never turns on (except when auxiliary heating is swiched on), so the problem kind of solved, the car heats even on low rpm. Allways. But the problem with heat to feet still persists.
Forgot to mention that there is no faults in ISTA. Some of them were existing when I bought the car, but now I fixed those things and there is 0 faults.
So the big questions are:

1. Could it be that bad non OEM condensation sensor cause allways heat problem? (Sometimes windscreen starts to condensate a liitle bit on one side when ihka is on auto, so the sensor could be bad even if there is no fault)

2. Could it be that webasto pump is connected wrong (hoses changed) that it restricts the flow to heater core when turned on? (the pump was changed last year, because webasto wasn't turning on, but after change webasto works. But still, maybe repair shop somehow swiched hoses???)
Appreciate 0