BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

03-26-2015, 11:35 PM   #1
Someone?
Perception is King
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Non AMS GTR brakes world 1/4 record

Extreme Turbo systems brake the world 1/4 record at 7.49 !https://autos.yahoo.com/news/extreme...184000694.html
      03-27-2015, 05:08 AM   #2
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

BREAKS

Jesus
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 3
      03-27-2015, 07:32 PM   #3
sirdaft1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 & E90 WTCC Widebody Racecar

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
BREAKS

Jesus
Ha!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 11:03 AM   #4
Someone?
Perception is King
United_States
Rep

Lol, didn't even notice i spelled that wrong, Sorry to the Sites spelling police, but im sure you prudes no what the hell i meant.
      03-29-2015, 01:56 PM   #5
Nex
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmike View Post
Lol, didn't even notice i spelled that wrong, Sorry to the Sites spelling police, but im sure you prudes no what the hell i meant.
KNOW

Lol
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 02:30 PM   #6
sirdaft1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex View Post
KNOW

Lol
Ha!

lol
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 03:09 PM   #7
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Quote:
prude
pro͞od/Submit
noun
"a person who is or claims to be easily shocked by matters relating to sex or nudity."

03-29-2015, 03:16 PM   #8
Someone?
Perception is King
United_States
Rep

Actually
Prude=
noun
a person who is excessively proper or modest in speech, conduct, dress, etc.

I think some of you need to step back and look at what you do, someone post something cool and you post stupid shit, so i misspelled or incorrectly wrote some words, Does it make you feel you special cause you can make fun of someone, personally i think it makes you an Idiot and your probably not really liked because you probably do this stuff to people off the forums, even if you think you are liked your not.

Last edited by Someone?; 03-29-2015 at 03:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 03:57 PM   #9
Vigilante375
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW 6M 135i

It gets on my nerves to see things used incorrectly. Brakes/breaks, your/you're/you are (like the above post), run on sentences or continuing on a sentence with , everywhere.

I find it very frustrating to read a sentence more than once because I have decipher what is trying to be written.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 04:48 PM   #10
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

Lol it must drive you crazy to be on a forum. No incorrectly spelled or used word should make you decipher anything. It's sad if you have to read a sentence over again because brakes was used instead of breaks.
      03-29-2015, 05:04 PM   #11
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Quote:
Actually
Prude=
noun
a person who is excessively proper or modest in speech, conduct, dress, etc.

I think some of you need to step back and look at what you do, someone post something cool and you post stupid shit, so i misspelled or incorrectly wrote some words, Does it make you feel you special cause you can make fun of someone, personally i think it makes you an Idiot and your probably not really liked because you probably do this stuff to people off the forums, even if you think you are liked your not.
There is nothing excessively "proper" in using the English language correctly. That is the standard of acceptable use. Other words that could be used well in a similar manner to proper would be courteous, or potentially: polite.

I appreciate your efforts though.
      03-29-2015, 05:28 PM   #12
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Yo I beez all up in dis shiz an dis threadz. i herd bout sum faz azz cahr so i kliked it awsum shiz up n herre. Fo realz1
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 06:26 PM   #13
Freon
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Also, please just link the Youtube. We don't need Yahoo Sports' commentary to watch a video.
      03-30-2015, 04:52 AM   #14
Nitrousbird
Banned
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i 6MT

The idiot who wrote that article needs to stay away from the keyboard:

"From the inside, it looks like a comfortable daily."

Yes, I love having a full cage in my daily driver.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 05:09 AM   #15
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Not being prude; God knows I'm not the worlds greatest speller. However, when discussing subjects about cars, the correct use of the word brake vs. break is important. I read the subject line, and for a few seconds I was trying to figure out if the topic had to do with the GTR's brakes, or if the car broke some sort of record. It was making no sense discussing brakes in the context of 1/4-mile times.

It was the incorrect use of a correctly spelled word. And I was trying to be a bit sarcastic...
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 03-30-2015 at 05:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 01:35 PM   #16
Vigilante375
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT View Post
Lol it must drive you crazy to be on a forum. No incorrectly spelled or used word should make you decipher anything. It's sad if you have to read a sentence over again because brakes was used instead of breaks.
I'm very sure you would too. Just imagine reading a paragraph about something then they say breaks instead of brakes in the middle of a sentence. You'd take a moment to stop and say "Huh?".

You'd think of all places BMW members would show more than a GED education but I've been proven wrong. Time and time again.

Don't think I'm the best at ye ol' English language or proper grammar but I do try and re-read what I post before I post and after I've posted it. But there are times when I'm in a rush.

Anyways, congrats to these folks for breaking the 1/4 mile record and time to see how long it holds for the GT-R.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 03:31 PM   #17
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375
Quote:
I'm very sure you would too. Just imagine reading a paragraph about something then they say breaks instead of brakes in the middle of a sentence. You'd take a moment to stop and say "Huh?".

You'd think of all places BMW members would show more than a GED education but I've been proven wrong. Time and time again.

Don't think I'm the best at ye ol' English language or proper grammar but I do try and re-read what I post before I post and after I've posted it. But there are times when I'm in a rush.

Anyways, congrats to these folks for breaking the 1/4 mile record and time to see how long it holds for the GT-R.
I'm not going to start an argument with you but I don't have to imagine. I read the same title as you before I clicked on the thread. Yes, I noticed the mistake and no it didn't confuse me at all.

I'm sure you've seen that paragraph where the words are all misspelled, only the first and last letter are in their right place. It's extremely easy to read and understand. Brakes and breaks is the same thing.
      03-30-2015, 03:47 PM   #18
sirdaft1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Guys help me, the breaks just went out on my car!

In all seriousness, with all the crap he's taken... How has the OP not yet gone back into the original post and edited the subject and body to reflect the correct spelling???
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 04:44 PM   #19
Vigilante375
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm not going to start an argument with you but I don't have to imagine. I read the same title as you before I clicked on the thread. Yes, I noticed the mistake and no it didn't confuse me at all.

I'm sure you've seen that paragraph where the words are all misspelled, only the first and last letter are in their right place. It's extremely easy to read and understand. Brakes and breaks is the same thing.
There are a lot of words in all languages that are pronounced the same way but have very different meanings. Of course if you zip on through a sentences and just read the word you'll understand the meaning.

I'm sorry but most of the time if someone opens a thread for help on an issue and it has a number of misspelled or improper use of a word, I'll just let someone else try to help that person. A majority of the time if you try to help someone who does that, they either won't understand the solutions you provide or just get themselves to deep into something that they'll just pay someone else to fix (aka just waste your time).

I'm not trying to get into a pissing match but it's just got to the point where people don't care, like most of America, and just let things slide then get PO'd when someone points out the basics of being a civilized human being.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 05:48 PM   #20
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375
Quote:

There are a lot of words in all languages that are pronounced the same way but have very different meanings. Of course if you zip on through a sentences and just read the word you'll understand the meaning.

I'm sorry but most of the time if someone opens a thread for help on an issue and it has a number of misspelled or improper use of a word, I'll just let someone else try to help that person. A majority of the time if you try to help someone who does that, they either won't understand the solutions you provide or just get themselves to deep into something that they'll just pay someone else to fix (aka just waste your time).

I'm not trying to get into a pissing match but it's just got to the point where people don't care, like most of America, and just let things slide then get PO'd when someone points out the basics of being a civilized human being.
Loll wow .. Ok man, your quality of life would probably be a lot better if you didn't let small things like that bother you.
      03-30-2015, 06:48 PM   #21
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Give the guy a brake.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 07:06 PM   #22
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4
Give the guy a brake.
I don't no why everyone is braking his balls over it.