BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

11-01-2009, 06:05 PM   #1
ALSHUBCAPS.COM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: INTERGALACTIC CRUISER TAA II

Think Before Buying Asanti Wheels

This may be a shock to some as it was for me.
We had gotten a new 22" barrel for a customer for his 7 series. It was a 2pc ASANTI wheel. The barrel was painted & assembled by ASANTI matte black (took them 7 weeks), we put the tire on & put it back on the car. When my installer wiped the wheel clean the clear coat peeled right off.
I initially called my distributor & ASANTI wheel in ca. & they told me the wheel has no warranty at all on the paint, I tried to explain it had not been driven & they said it doesn't matter.
What made it worse was they are telling me the vinyl lettering the customer asked us to put on voids the non existent warranty since we heated up the vinyl before applying it & any heat put on the wheel voids the non existent warranty. I also asked if driving the wheel which will cause heat will void the non existent warranty & the person I spoke to avoided answering that question.

My point in this posting is to make everyone aware of how important a warranty can be & the company that backs it up. As of this incident we no longer sell ASANTI wheels at AL'S HUBCAPS & will not sell barrell's or centers.
Of course we refinished the customers wheel at our own expense & fully warranty the work. We will still fix their wheels that are constantly bending we just will not deal with ASANTI in any since they believe they put out a poor quaility product & we have standards that they are incapable of meeting.

One last point, but as a non legal expert I can not be sure. All products sold in the U.S. are supposed to have implied warranties which mean they have to be able to do what they are represented as, with a wheel it should be round & capable of holding air. To state that heat on the wheel will void a warranty does not make sense since all automotive wheels after driving a short distance will heat up & during a summer day the wheel can heat up well over 200 degrees, way beyond a baking cycle for paints seems like it would defy implied warranties. Again I am not sure if this is true but I would like to know if this is true.

AL
AL'S HUBCAPS, NY
Appreciate 0