BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

04-19-2012, 08:32 PM   #1
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

And the follow up story:

http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/...en-ca-infopane

My apologies....could not get it to embed....thanks for anyone that can fix this.

Last edited by Cdnrockies; 04-19-2012 at 08:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 02:57 AM   #2
Pangloss
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i Convertible

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/nat...627/story.html

Quote:
The 25-year-old suspected motorcyclist has no valid driver's licence and no insurance as a result of 27 driving-related convictions including speeding and driving without insurance, Jantzen said. He has had his licence suspended five times.
Quote:
Saanich, B.C., police have seized the blue Yamaha motorcycle seen reaching 299 km/h in a viral YouTube video, and they've laid down more than $1,400 in fines for the bike's owner but have yet to charge the driver.
Quote:
The shiny blue 2006 Yamaha R1 sport bike was on display at Saanich police headquarters Thursday morning. Spokesman Sgt. Dean Jantzen explained that police seized the bike last week.
Quote:
"Unfortunately, at this point we are unable to meet the burden (of proof) to proceed with Criminal Code charges," Jantzen said.
      04-20-2012, 04:01 AM   #3
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

You can't get caught just so on Youtube. Somebody who knows him personally and knows he post that on Youtube must have betrayed him. For posting such vids you need a much more anynomus account and nobody must know who you are, not even your friends of GF.

I respect his driving skills, but in case of accident (85 %), he will lose his life and may cause other innocent deaths or material or body damages. He needs to go to track and race in bike competitions. Too dangerous what he does, may not for him but for others. And there are haters on the road, that instead of making him understand he is doing wrong provoque accidents.

Last edited by BMW269; 04-20-2012 at 04:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 07:09 AM   #4
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Why even bother pressing charges? If the guy keeps that shit up he'll be dead anyway.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 10:14 AM   #5
eurojap
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BLK BLK BLK

Guy on the bike posted on MISC bodybuilding forum

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=143897251
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 12:31 PM   #6
az34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 z4sdrive35i 2008 x5 3.0i

he get what he deserve, theres too many empty head like him on our roads.Great thread!!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 04:05 PM   #7
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
You can't get caught just so on Youtube. Somebody who knows him personally and knows he post that on Youtube must have betrayed him. For posting such vids you need a much more anynomus account and nobody must know who you are, not even your friends of GF.
Not at all. These days it isn't uncommon for there to be cameras at traffic lights, even if they don't do red light enforcement. All it takes is for a cop to see a video posted to youtube and recognize certain areas the person drove through, go pull the tapes, and find out the person's license plate.
      04-21-2012, 04:40 PM   #8
Fox128i
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2012 E82

Garage List
2012 128i  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Why even bother pressing charges? If the guy keeps that shit up he'll be dead anyway.
Indeed. Let's just hope he doesn't take out someone else when he does it.
      04-21-2012, 07:49 PM   #9
AnotherCar
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Corvette 3LT Z51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox128i View Post
Indeed. Let's just hope he doesn't take out someone else when he does it.
You bother b/c he might kill someone else. That's not what we need.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 11:27 AM   #10
Fox128i
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2012 E82

Garage List
2012 128i  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherCar View Post
You bother b/c he might kill someone else. That's not what we need.
I bother precisely because he might kill someone else. Someone or someone's family could die as a direct result of this sort of stupidity. Professional or no, this sort of driving belongs on a closed course, not on a public motorway. He chose to drive this way and if he were killed, it's on him. If he kills someone else in the process, then we should all bother.

Tell me, precisely what do we need then?

Last edited by Fox128i; 04-22-2012 at 12:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 03:02 PM   #11
Q4P
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Much

I give it 5 years before social media goes down in flames. People will finally start to realize the privacy concerns associated with youtube, facebook and the like.
      04-23-2012, 12:10 PM   #12
Radamez
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535 XDrive / Imperial Blu

04-23-2012, 01:01 PM   #13
Everfly
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

What an idiot
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 03:54 PM   #14
335isGuy
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Bmw 340xi Msport

Garage List
Wow prolly watched ghostrider a few times and thought it was a good idea...
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 09:20 PM   #15
michaelthepsycho
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 11 Montego Blue E90 335i Step

Do you guys even know physics? He won't kill anyone but himself. If bike T-bones a car, then maybe the side he T-bones will get injured. But on a highway, he's the only one with anything to lose.

Stop being so melodramatic. Notice how the news station DELIBERATELY used 300 KPH? No one uses metrics in that fashion... They did it to make it sound more sensational. Get over yourselves America. As dumb as he is, there's also the other end of the spectrum where people are too scared to go 65+. You find a compromise; not pander to the fear-mongering public.

No, I don't condone his riding. Too easy to get killed that way.
      04-24-2012, 03:27 AM   #16
wholeymoley
mac&cheese!
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelthepsycho View Post
Do you guys even know physics? He won't kill anyone but himself. If bike T-bones a car, then maybe the side he T-bones will get injured. But on a highway, he's the only one with anything to lose.

Stop being so melodramatic. Notice how the news station DELIBERATELY used 300 KPH? No one uses metrics in that fashion... They did it to make it sound more sensational. Get over yourselves America. As dumb as he is, there's also the other end of the spectrum where people are too scared to go 65+. You find a compromise; not pander to the fear-mongering public.

It's idiotic to use physics as an excuse to say these people are being dramatic, in my opinion. Yes they did use 300 kph, but convert that and it's +186 mph. There could've been a dead stop somewhere on that highway caused by an accident. And at the rate he was going, he could've caused some serious damage or fatalities even.

Point blank, there should be no reason to travel those speeds on a public highway, especially just to go home and post it to get props over the webs. /rant
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 09:27 AM   #17
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep
Drives: mk6 GTI

Quote:

What if there was a family pulled over on the side of the road, or a thousand other things you can't predict that may be happening on the freeway. What would physics do to people on the side of the road hit by a motorcycle going almost 200mph? Were not debating going over 65 mph, hes hurtling down the street narrowly missing cars, you have NO idea what would happen if he hit someone, you can speculate all you'd like.
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 09:31 AM   #18
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:

I suppose you've never seen the pics of what happens to the car when a bike t-bones it at high speed.... It can try to go right through it. Doesn't sound very safe for the car's occupants to me.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 03:29 PM   #19
foghat
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:

They used 300kph because he was doing 299kph and in Canada, where that was filmed, we use kph. Not mph... If it was reported in kph on American broadcasts, probably cause they were just copying the Canadian feed.

Physics, I am definitely no physicist, but you get rear ended by a bike moving about 200kph faster than you are and I bet you get spun around or at least thrown off course. Especially if you were not hit directly from behind.

What if he side swiped a vehicle that was changing lanes.

Even if the car he hits comes away fine, what about the commotion caused as other drivers try dodge him and flying bike after the impact?

Only he gets injured? Come on.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 04:07 PM   #20
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:

Apparently you don't know physics. A coworker's kid sustained permanent head injuries, after multiple surgeries, when a drug addict on his motorcycle sliced through coworker wife's Honda Accord in a T-bone accident. Explain that to a 14 years old who had a life ahead of him.
      04-24-2012, 04:27 PM   #21
jhstealth
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 porsche cayman S

Or even the fact if someone hit's him and he dies. Granit it's his fault but it would psychologically screw most people up.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 10:45 PM   #22
michaelthepsycho
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 11 Montego Blue E90 335i Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Apparently you don't know physics. A coworker's kid sustained permanent head injuries, after multiple surgeries, when a drug addict on his motorcycle sliced through coworker wife's Honda Accord in a T-bone accident. Explain that to a 14 years old who had a life ahead of him.
Apparently you didn't read. I excepted T-bones!