BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

09-12-2023, 10:48 PM   #1
Ralph III
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 650i Gran Coupe

Fuel Injector issue, help please.

Hello All,
So, my daughters 2007 530xi with 260k miles on it has been running rough lately with some sort of miss. At times is was barely noticeable whereas other times quite noticeable. It would never throw a code or light though but I felt it was most likely an injector issue.

Anyhow, the engine light finally came on and I now have the following code 002E35 "Fuel Injector, cylinder 6, activation". I checked it with ISTA+ on my computer and with my handheld scanner.

I put some fuel additive in the car recently, could this have caused some crud to clog the injector? If so, should I simply try to clean it somehow? Otherwise, do I need to replace the injector and is there any coding involved?

Your input is appreciated.

Thanks,
Ralph
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2023, 01:13 PM   #2
swag_on
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW e61 535xi

Hi Ralph,

More than likely the injector was already on the way out, as you were noticing. The failure after you used the additive is probably coincidental.

You could attempt to clean it manually (with care) and see if that helps. Otherwise you can simply replace the problematic injector--not a difficult job on the M54. The injectors on this engine do not need to be coded. Hope this helps!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2023, 03:17 PM   #3
Ralph III
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 650i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by swag_on View Post
Hi Ralph,

More than likely the injector was already on the way out, as you were noticing. The failure after you used the additive is probably coincidental.

You could attempt to clean it manually (with care) and see if that helps. Otherwise you can simply replace the problematic injector--not a difficult job on the M54. The injectors on this engine do not need to be coded. Hope this helps!
Thanks Swag. I went ahead and purchased new injectors. I was able to install them this morning and it's running good again.

Ralph
Appreciate 1
mp3_in7.50