BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

11-05-2009, 12:13 AM   #1
Bruck
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i MT Alpine White

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Dogs in the 5-series Wagon?

Hey guys, I'm helping the moms shop for a new car and she's considering the X5 and the Q5... One suggestion I had was the 5 series xdrive wagon. On paper it sounds like the best of all her options.

One drawback, I can only show it to her on paper. One of the biggest uses she has for the wayback is carting around our 2 labrador retreivers. She's worried the dogs won't have enough room. (Currently they love her 2001 X5).

Has anyone put labs (or other large dogs) in the back of their wagon for transport ? Anyone have pics?

Anyone want to let her come take a look at your car or test drive it? We've called every dealer we can find and no one has one on the show room floor.

Thx

Shadow Blue MK6 GTI 4-Dr DSG
Euro OEM Reverse Camera |
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2009, 09:59 AM   #2
zoner
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Canine hauler

I know this sounds crazy but I drive a lot of cars while on business, almost every week, and you should check out a Ford Flex Limited AWD. I was truly impressed. That is if you can get past the refrigerator shape. It has some of the best seats around, good for an 8 hour trip. Highway manners are rock solid and should provide plenty of room for the pooches.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2009, 11:49 AM   #3
Crisp
Lieutenant Colonel
Albania
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoner View Post
I know this sounds crazy but I drive a lot of cars while on business, almost every week, and you should check out a Ford Flex Limited AWD. I was truly impressed. That is if you can get past the refrigerator shape. It has some of the best seats around, good for an 8 hour trip. Highway manners are rock solid and should provide plenty of room for the pooches.
She has an X5 now.
He has a 135i.

They are shopping for an X5 or 5 wagon.

Moral of the story.... this is a german car (BMW) family so it does not look like a Ford is going to tickle their fancy. LOL

Can't blame them though. Once you own a BMW, you get so used to the drive, its almost impossible to go into something else.