BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

12-10-2012, 06:41 PM   #1
farazk
Private
Rep
Drives: 640d Sport Convertible Imola

Any advice appreciated

I'm buying a 5 series tomorrow, is there anything in particular I should be looking out for? Although I'm not new to bmw's this will be my first 5 series.

It's a 2006 530d msport auto.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #2
RsiaSMG
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 530i E60 SMG

just over all make sure you look carefully at the motor in my opinion, i just got rid of my 530i because the valve/head gasket was leaking and there was oil all over the front of the motor, didnt notice this last 5 months but just found it out the other day, just make sure you give a real good look over under car also... in 6 months of me owning the car it needed a starter, window regulator, and the blown gasket i just didnt want to deal with it anymore. bout all i can help with i guess. enjoy!

it was a fun car but im back to a pick um up truck, cant fit dead deer in the bimmer

p.s. i have a coil over suspension about to be for sale if interested. st suspension tech... i paid 900, willing to let go cheap.
      12-17-2012, 09:30 AM   #3
racooper3
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2007 e93 335i

Garage List
2005 BMW 545  [0.00]
Look for any fluid leaks and make sure you drive it long enough to cause some to occur. Also have them put the car on a lift and remove the belly covers to get a real good look. The tranny on these cars leak at the mechatronic sleeve and you want to make absolutely certain that no tranny fluid is leaking from this area. It can short out other electrical components attached to the wiring harness. this will also let you see what other leaks might not be detected from top down view.
Appreciate 0