BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

02-16-2018, 09:42 AM   #1
Cbm971
Rep
Drives: e60 and e90

E60 can a faulty steering position sensor cause steering wheel to shake

okay so I looked for this specific topic and could not find anything relevant, so I decided after all these years to make an account myself and post my question. So I have a 2007 e60 530i, 127k miles it does have the adaptive steering, (I miss my e90 steering feel) but I just bought it and it needs a steering position sensor. now there is something i'm trying to figure out, my steering wheel shakes. I mean if I let go of it the car will stay straight, the tires are good, and it shakes worse at seemingly random time. it is a fairly minor shake, just a quick back and forth, my question is self explanatory, does the steering wheel sensor cause the shaking sensation in the steering wheel? I haven't got it priced yet, I recently got my front pads replaced by some backwoods mechanics (neighbors), I only drove it once before that and don't remember noticing the shaking, but it may have been there. I know the sensor does alot, and the previous owner says it's been out for years (rich bastard that was too cheap to fix things that didn't stop the car from going) I don't want to ask him about the shaking. what are the possible causes? would the steering sensor resolve it? any quick information on a fix? no details needed on a fix, just a general description on where to find a fix. my question is just, is it related to the sensor? if not what can it be? that 2nd question is everywhere on here but I couldn't find the first, and I believe the alignment is good, I know the tires are
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2018, 01:36 PM   #2
Cbm971
Rep
Drives: e60 and e90

Eh it doesn't shake that bad I guess. thanks for the help guys!
Appreciate 0