BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

05-24-2008, 01:52 AM   #1
Ado
King Kong
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Importing The New M5 Into Canada

I'm looking to import the M5 into Canada and I've come to learn that I have to have the following changed:

Dashboard (Speedometer)
Ignition
Door lock

All this because of the day time running lights.

I was told by BMW of Canada that in order for me to get the BMW import paper I have to have the car taken to BMW and have all this changed.

Does anyone know a way out of doing all this

Thanks,

Ado
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2008, 10:21 PM   #2
EdmM3
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 635CSi, Z4, 330xi, 530i, E90M3

M5 Import

The only way is to go through the BMW dealer. It is not cheap - about $3500. In addition you have to pay about $800 to the BMW to get the recall letter and letter of compliance. You should probably check your facts - the normal thing is to change your cluster (speedo), and heater controller. There will be programming on top of this. I have never heard of ignition, or door locks.

It is allot and VERY HARD TO SWALLOW, but is still often worth the price.

Note that some dealers are not friendly to imported cars for warranty service. Even though you still have warranty (but not the maintenance) you are NOT treated equally. Descretionary items will not be fixed.

My rule is that if you aren't $10,000 cheaper - don't waste your time. If you are $20,000 cheaper it is worth the aggravation. Something in between it is up to you.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 08:14 PM   #3
alex851
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92

Hello,

Step 1.
-If u r looking in importing BMW I will provide you with BMW Admissibility Letter and detailed info document what exactly u need to do. U will save your self lots of time, headache and the possibility or being stuck @ the border.

Step 2.
-If you already did the first step, and looking to pass the Federal and Provincial inspection and don't want to spend 2.5-5k @ the BMW dealer and wait 4-6 weeks for BMW Recall Letter and instrument cluster change. I can help u do that in 1-2 days max, if you follow my steps. Save your self time and money!!!

Please contact me at
alex851@hotmail.com

Alex
Appreciate 0