F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 330i Interior Colors
proTUNING Freaks

12-15-2017, 06:12 PM   #1
jharris91
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 330e Red

A few months ago I was looking at a 2017 330i. It was then I saw they had changed the Beige interior to be a lot black. The black doors have a splash of beige, the carpets are 100% black.

I hate an all black interior - it's good for funerals, but other than that .... And now a lot of the beige interior is black. Not happy, I went to look at Audi and they have kinda the same scheme.

The this past week I'm looking at a 2018 X1 and they have a new beige - not Venetian but Canberra Beige. This beige is almost white. It's ugly, and with the same almost all black scheme is there. I'm really disappointed.

Any body else fell the same??

Jim
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2017, 08:30 PM   #2
M2Nebula
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2, X1, TSX WGN

Yes, I am not a fan of black interiors, and during 40 years of car ownership, only my very first and my current car have had black interiors. If it weren't for the blue stitching in my M2 and the fact it was the only color available, I would have done something else. I have/had three cars with red interiors, two BMW's, which is my favorite. I like the saddle color that BMW offers and it looks good with many exterior colors. That is what I would get if I were looking to buy another car.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2017, 10:38 AM   #3
paul e
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive 6MT

Just about everybody has the the black background in a color interior now. My brother’s Lexus LS has the tan interior, but the carpeting is black as well.

I agree that it’s kind of sucky...I grew up in an age where the entire interior would be the same color, and lots of different ones, but now you are lucky to even get a color other than black. The Audi’s I shopped had just the seating surfaces in color. I built a Mustang with a red interior...just the seats.
So much cheaper to keep one color in stock for repairs, no matter the cost of the car.
I believe my 2016 340 is the last year with the Beige all around.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2017, 11:04 AM   #4
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharris91 View Post
A few months ago I was looking at a 2017 330i. It was then I saw they had changed the Beige interior to be a lot black. The black doors have a splash of beige, the carpets are 100% black.

I hate an all black interior - it's good for funerals, but other than that .... And now a lot of the beige interior is black. Not happy, I went to look at Audi and they have kinda the same scheme.

The this past week I'm looking at a 2018 X1 and they have a new beige - not Venetian but Canberra Beige. This beige is almost white. It's ugly, and with the same almost all black scheme is there. I'm really disappointed.

Jim
99% Disagree

Only thing I agree on is dislike of 100% black in Western USA Deserts and Florida, none of which apply to posters above.

Had 2013 BSM BMW with Ventian Beige for that reason.

When I saw the 2017 color scheme, spent thousands swapping out everything Veneto Beige that wasn’t leather.

Made an AARP car a sleek sports car.

Furthermore, though have not seen the Canberra Beige, the Venetian Beige is too yellow. A shift away from the Yellow was needed. Cashmere Beige in the Individual is pretty spot on.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2017, 10:10 PM   #5
iAlexander
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 320i, W211 E350

I noticed that too! I have a 100% beige 320i now. I hate the beige color but my interior does still feel more premium than beige with black accents. For some reason black just feels super cheap and flimsy to me. Not to mention how blistering hot it gets in the summer time. Cognac looks awesome with black accents though. Maybe BMW is trying to cut production costs?

I totally relate to your disappointment though. Fortunately I'll probably never be able to afford a new car so I don't have to worry about it :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharris91 View Post

Jim
Appreciate 0