BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

11-27-2010, 08:25 AM   #1
TampaCarNut
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 550i GT Alpine White

Comfort access problems

Has anyone experienced problems with comfort access? On my 10' e60 It works intermittently - it frequently will not lock/unlock the car and most recently, the car will not start once inside (I get the warning stating that the key is not within range and must turn off accessory power, lock vehicle and start process all over again in order to get the car to start). This has become a weekly occurrence. I have noticed that when the car is in either full sun (in the middle of a wide open parking lot) or in complete shade (parking garage) yet no issues at night. The car has been to the dealer to address this issue no less than 6 times yet every time I am told that the system "is functioning as designed", despite the fact I've never experienced this with other BMW's we've owned with comfort access. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2010, 02:22 PM   #2
jasperxli
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: space grey e60

U might need to change your battery. Comfort access keys do not charge like normal keys because we don't put them into the car.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 12:33 PM   #3
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage List
Comfort Access key are NOT rechargeable. Your car should still be under warranty, so take it to the dealership ask them to replace the battery in your key FOB.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 12:05 AM   #4
jasperxli
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: space grey e60

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaddylo View Post
Comfort Access key are NOT rechargeable. Your car should still be under warranty, so take it to the dealership ask them to replace the battery in your key FOB.
actually u can just pop the back off and change the battery yourself lol it takes more time to write how to do it than to just do it
Appreciate 0