Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenebmw View Post
Montreal-area Tesla owner frustrated after accident using driving app

I will never park my G82 next to or close to those called smart cars. Don't worry, I will stay away from you guys

A colleague of mine, lead tech geek, Jason, back in 2019 was demonstrating his Model 3's fetch feature. We were standing at the front door of the building. The parking lot is in front of the building but separated by a road between the building and the parking lot, which is just two rows of spaces with a good 25 feet between them. After about 2 minutes, his Model 3 just got all confused trying to navigate to us. Jason had to hit the red abort button on the app to avoid his Model 3 from hitting another parked car. I said sarcastically, "Man we could have just walked over to your car in about 30 seconds". He just smiled. Beta testing...

The whole thing felt uncomfortable to me, like watching someone's home movie of his little kids running around naked in the back yard.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 3
M5Rick61735.50
eugenebmw1585.00