View Single Post
      03-13-2009, 12:54 PM   #13
NTI V10
Rep
Drives: E60 M5 SMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakarE36 View Post
i just find that is seems hard to beleive a big car like the m5 can reach 205. nuh uh, i need proof, that source seems pretty crappy. Looks like it was made be a 9th grader.

the m5 is just too big (and look at how damn aerodynamic the cars around it like) and then look at the m5, its just doesnt look like it should go that fast.

Its just math, its got around the same power as say, a z06, but weighs roughly one thousand pounds more. And it just doesnt look nearly as aerodynamic as that damn chevy.

So how in the world is it that much faster?!
You can spend about 5 seconds on Google and find out that BMW tested the car to 330km/h (205mph). Weight is not what's important for top speed. Drag and power are what is important. You're right, it is math, but you're using the wrong formulas.

I can confirm that using formulas we use for our land speed record cars (records set at the Bonneville Salt Flats in Wendover, UT) that the M5 should be capable of over 200. Several people claim to have done it, and BMW says it can do it. Are you going to continue to argue the point?
Appreciate 0