10-06-2008, 05:24 PM   #1
ilron
Private First Class
Norway
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & E60 520d - soon an X1

Potential new E60 member

Hi!

This is my first post at this part of bimmerpost, I've been around at m3post for a while now, but it looks like I might become a regular here as well.

I bought an E92 M3 in October last year, it did not take long before it had replaced my good old E46 330i as a daily driver - the M is just addictive.
I sold the E46 earlier this year and have been using the M as a daily driver through this spring and summer.

Anyways, winter is closing in and I've yet to find a replacement for the E46, and I'd rather not use the M on dirty salted roads this winter. So I went by my dealer this evening for some innocent window shopping, it was well after closing hours so I did not expect to meet anybody there, but as it turned out the manager was working late and I ended up with a good offer for an Carbon Black E60 520D Sport Edition...

The only thing holding me back is the size of the engine. 2.0l Diesel is not exactly much for such a heavy car, is there anybody on this site with IRL experience that might shed some light on this?
Performance is not that important, I have the M for the nice days, but I'd rather not have a car that feels like it struggle with regular driving.

I'd also like to know if any of you have tried the M270 wheels (ET20) on the E60. I have a set for the M3 which I will not be using.