Colemme
Heliophile
United_States
Rep
Drives: MRoadster

Use a leaf blower to dry your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph III View Post
Clark_Kent is correct. In addition, the blower may blow dirt/debri out of cracks and onto your newly washed vehicle which could lead to your imparting scratches, if you touch up with a towel afterward. Rinsing with distilled or de-ionized water would be considered the best overall method. Otherwise, I personally consider drying with two towels and a drying aid to be extremely safe and my favorite method, as a former professional Detailer and enthusiast.

The lead towel will always be wet/damp, as it's used to get up the majority of the water. You'll immediately follow up with a dry towel in getting up any remaining water. Dry the vehicle in sections.

Using a damp towel as the lead towel and a drying aid, makes towel drying an extremely safe method. You're much more likely to impart scratches into your paint during the washing process or by following up with towels after having used a blower.

Good luck,
Ralph

On MotorWeek (Episode 4331) debuted 3.18.2024. It's the episode with the Yellow Manthey Porsche 992 GT3!

Brian Rice-owner/operator of a paint correction and car care shop. Discusses how to wash and rinse your vehicle. When it comes to drying Brian states: "I tell people to try NOT to touch the car. You can use a leaf blower to dry it off; so that you're not rubbing a towel across the finish which could scratch it!"

So my electric-powered leaf blower "is in full effect" and the best way I have found to dry my car...
Appreciate 0