06-05-2009, 12:59 AM   #21
DerekS
Major
Rep
Drives: '24 X3 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcV View Post
Thanks for the compliments.

The ride is quite comfortable. However the dealership told me that the 535i X-Drive does not come with the M-Sport suspension even with the M-Sport package.
Thank you for your feedback on ride quality. My reason for asking about the ride quality of your car is that I found my 335i equipped with Sport Package & 18" RFTs to ride very firm over the many rough streets in Vancouver. At times, the ride was in fact quite jarring with some significant tramlining on rutted streets. However, the ride on highways was very acceptable.

It would appear that your dealership is correct; neither the 2009 5 Series brochure nor the 2010 5 Series Price List from BMW Canada make any mention of "M-Sport suspension" being part of the M-Sport package for the 535iX.

However, in the 2009 brochure, M-Sport suspension is included with the M-Sport package for the rear wheel drive 550i.

Let me say again, congrats on your very attractive combo of black/natural brown. I have yet to see a 5 Series around the Vancouver area with this combo.