2023 Mclaren 720s  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
1964 Ford Mustang  [0.00]
1968 Pontiac GTO  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrandt View Post
I, for one, would love to see what someone can lap a circuit in the newer Model 3 Performance. It touts a bunch of "Track focused" upgrades, but we all know about Elon/his marketing team/EV Performance car woes. I'd love to see where it stacks up versus other similarly-priced cars on repeated laps of the 'Ring or Suzuka.

Curious to see if anyone'll make meaningful EV track toys that don't Alt+F4 after a few battery cycles. I'd love to see it versus the new i4 LCI and the i5.

Not sure if any of you have driven a 'fast' EV with aggressive regenerative braking, but it's quite... different? Not better, not worse, just a different headspace. Our Taycan and Model Y Performance laps were quite intriguing, being a single speed transmission with a serious sensation of 'engine braking' due to regen. A totally different way to drive fast vs my Miata or M3C.

If you didn't feel a massive surge of cognitive dissonance as you typed that up, you're clearly not fit for discussion. On what planet is comparing the performance of a bike and a sedan the same as comparing a sedan to a sedan of near-equal performance? Should we throw a Boeing F-16EX Strike Eagle into the 0-60 or MPG calcs? And as for your repeated insistence that everything is hypothetical, I'd direct you to every CarWow review ever where he uses an in-car GPS with an accelerometer to measure 0-60; similar to the twelve Model 3 P videos that came out yesterday.

Good god, move the goalposts further.
I would LOVE to track a M3P or MSP with full suspension. I can't imagine what that feels like shooting out of a corner if you could rotate the damn thing correctly.

Oh and brakes. Jesus christ good breaks too.

How did the braking feel when you used maintenance throttle? What did the breakzone feel like switching from one pedal to the other? Is there a double hit of regen then full force brakes?