View Single Post
      01-12-2009, 09:54 PM   #2
wolfgang0524
Rep
Drives: mine: 535i wife: x5

When I started looking for a car this fall, my list included Infiniti m and g series, Acura TL and RL, Lexus ES and GS, and BMW 335xi and 535xi.

I liked the Acura better than I thought. It seemed to have a reasonable balance between luxury and performance. The center console on the Lexus GS was too big and the ES was great in terms of luxury, but lacking on the performance side.

I was really expecting the Infiniti to be towards the top of the list based on reviews and a number of people at work had them. My wife and I were so disappointed in the interiors that we didn't even take them for a test drive. The buttons and toggle switches seemed like they should belong on a $20 toy, not a $40-50k+ vehicle.

BMW was the last one of the bunch that I test drove and they blew away the others. If your dad hasn't already, have him try out a 535 with the sport/comfort seats. They are by far the most comfortable seats that I have even sat in. I didn't know exactly what I was looking for until I drove the 535.
Appreciate 0